Development of Erosion Control Product Longevity Test Methodology
Principal Investigator(s):John Chapman, Program Director, Bioproducts and Biosystems Engineering
The purpose of this project is to develop a test methodology that can be used to evaluate the functional longevity of rolled erosion prevention products (REPP) and hydraulic erosion control product (HECP) which will be referred to collectively here as erosion control products (ECP). The objectives are:
1. Further the understanding of how environmental exposure affects ECP performance.
2. Evaluate if longevity can be accelerated for product comparisons.
3. Evaluate if a simple index test can be correlated to longevity.
4. Evaluate if performance testing can be incorporated into functional longevity testing.
- Project number: 2023012
- Start date: 10/2022
- Project status: Active
- Research area: Environment and Energy
- Topics: Erosion control