CTS Webinar: Transportation and Climate Action
Wednesday, May 31, 2023
10:00 a.m.–11:30 a.m. Central
About the Event
This webinar will begin with a presentation showcasing the Greenhouse Gas Scenario Planning Tool, a collaborative project developed by the Metropolitan Council along with researchers from multiple academic institutions, including the University of Minnesota. This innovative tool is designed to provide technical assistance to local governments in greenhouse gas mitigation planning. By examining the impact of different strategies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, particularly in the transportation sector, cities can make informed decisions that align with their specific goals and plans. Presenters will also share preliminary insights about the tool's effectiveness, offering valuable knowledge for attendees seeking to improve their climate action and transportation planning initiatives.
Following the presentation, a panel of experts will discuss the implementation of targeted and strategic climate actions in rural and urban areas.
The webinar is being held in conjunction with a joint meeting of the CTS Transportation Planning and the Economy and the CTS Environment and Energy in Transportation research councils.
Speakers and Panelists
- Frank Douma, Director of State and Local Policy and Outreach, Institute for Urban and Regional Infrastructure Finance, Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota
- Mauricio León, Senior Researcher, Metropolitan Council; PhD Student, Humphrey School of Public Affairs; and CTS Environment and Energy in Transportation Research Council Chair
- Abby Finis, Co-host of City Climate Corner and local climate consultant
- Kathleen Mayell, Transportation Planning Manager, City of Minneapolis
- Aarik Robertson, Director of Strategic Initiatives, Mille Lacs Corporate Ventures
- Diana Chaman Salas, Director of Climate and Resiliency, Hennepin County Public Works Department
This webinar is free to attend, but registration is required. Once you have registered, you will receive an email confirmation with a Zoom link. The link should not be shared with others; it is unique to you.
If you're unable to join us for the live broadcast, a recording of the webinar will be available here after the event.
Attendees are eligible for Professional Development Hours and AICP credits.
Please contact Samantha Hahn-Douville at firstname.lastname@example.org.