24th Annual Freight and Logistics Symposium: Equity in the Freight Industry
Friday, December 10, 2021
8:00 a.m.–noon Central
University of Minnesota
200 Oak Street SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
About the Event
Join us in person or online for this year’s hybrid symposium! The event will explore the topic of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in the freight industry.
The symposium's keynote presentation will cover changing workplace and workforce DEI issues and opportunities. These remarks will be followed by a reaction panel featuring industry representatives from different modes of freight transportation sharing their perspectives. In addition, MnDOT will share information about the agency’s long-range transportation plan and how DEI issues are being integrated into state funding.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Abdullahi Abdulle, Transportation Equity Planning Coordinator, MnDOT
- Stephanie Carpentier, Vice President, Vx Consultants
- Tiffani Daniels, Managing Director, Minnesota Business Coalition for Racial Equality
- Rachel Schwalbach, Vice President, ESG, CH Robinson
- Debbie Taylor, Edna Rice Executive Rail Recruiters
- Ellen Voie, President and CEO, Women in Trucking
- Alan Walts, Director, Tribal and Multimedia Programs Office, US Environmental Protection Agency Region 5
- Cost: $25 for in-person or virtual attendance. Students may attend for free; contact Chelsea Arbury Prorok at email@example.com for a coupon code to enter at registration.
- Registration deadline: Friday, December 3, 2021
- Please note: Virtual attendees will receive a Zoom link to access the symposium a few days prior to the event.
Who Should Attend
- Decision makers and practitioners from shippers, carriers, and other private-sector organizations involved in logistics and transportation
- Government officials and staff
- Representatives from nonprofit organizations and academic institutions
Attendees will be eligible for Professional Development Hours (PDHs).
This event will be conducted in accordance with the University of Minnesota's COVID-19 safety guidelines, including adherence to the current University Face Covering Protocol. All attendees will be required to wear facial coverings while indoors, regardless of vaccination status.
Parking and Transit
Parking is available in the University Avenue Ramp and the Washington Avenue Ramp. McNamara Alumni Center is located less than two blocks from the East Bank Station on the Green Line. For additional transit information, please visit the Metro Transit website or call 612-373-3333.
For more information, contact Chelsea Arbury Prorok at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This symposium is sponsored by the Center for Transportation Studies at the University of Minnesota, in cooperation with: