24th Annual Freight and Logistics Symposium: Equity in the Freight Industry
Friday, December 10, 2021
University of Minnesota
About the Event
The 2021 symposium explored the topic of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in the freight industry.
The symposium's keynote presentation covered changing workplace and workforce DEI issues and opportunities. These remarks were followed by a reaction panel featuring industry representatives from different modes of freight transportation sharing their perspectives. In addition, MnDOT shared information about the agency’s long-range transportation plan and how DEI issues are being integrated into state funding.
- Abdullahi Abdulle, Transportation Equity Planning Coordinator, MnDOT
- Stephanie Carpentier, Vice President, Vx Consultants
- Tiffani Daniels, Managing Director, Minnesota Business Coalition for Racial Equality
- Rachel Schwalbach, Vice President, ESG, CH Robinson
- Debbie Taylor, Edna Rice Executive Rail Recruiters
- Ellen Voie, President and CEO, Women in Trucking
- Alan Walts, Director, Tribal and Multimedia Programs Office, US Environmental Protection Agency Region 5
Attendees are eligible for 4.0 Professional Development Hours (PDHs).
For more information, contact Chelsea Arbury Prorok at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This symposium was sponsored by the Center for Transportation Studies at the University of Minnesota, in cooperation with: