Bending the Curve: Addressing the Troubling Trends in Minnesota Traffic Fatalities
May 9, 2022
About the Event
Over the last 20 years, Minnesota has made significant progress in reducing traffic fatalities. However, during the last several years this progress has begun to stall, and we’ve seen increases in fatalities year-over-year.
At this joint meeting of the five CTS councils, presenters and panelists explained what the data is showing about these increases, where the pressure points are, and what the solutions could be. They also explored how increased funding from the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law and additional research could be leveraged to address these trends.
- Mike Hanson, Office of Traffic Safety, Minnesota Department of Public Safety
- Mark Kinde, Injury and Violence Prevention Section, Minnesota Department of Health
- Dr. Nichole Morris, HumanFIRST Lab, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Minnesota
- Brian Sorenson, Office of Traffic Engineering, Minnesota Department of Transportation
- Will Stein, Minnesota Division, Federal Highway Administration
- Captain Matt Markham, City of Columbia Heights Police Department