Graduate students involved in transportation research at the University of Minnesota are invited to apply for a travel reimbursement for the purpose of attending the Transportation Research Board (TRB) Annual Meeting, held every January in Washington, DC. Travel reimbursements are sponsored by CTS.
Selected students will be reimbursed (up to $1,500) for travel to the TRB Annual Meeting, including conference expenses.
Applications are now open for travel reimbursements to attend the 2024 TRB Annual Meeting on January 7–11, 2024.
To be considered, students must complete an application by Monday, October 30, 2023. Applicants must be graduate students enrolled at the University of Minnesota.
Student applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Transportation-related degrees and coursework
- Transportation research and/or thesis work conducted
- Transportation-related papers presented and/or publications submitted or published
Consideration will also be given to the following:
- Students who have presentations or posters at the 2024 TRB Annual Meeting
- Students involved in transportation-related student organizations
- A well-written and thoughtful summary
- Diversity of the disciplines received
Candidates will be notified via email if they have been selected to receive a travel reimbursement. If selected, students will be required to submit a summary describing their conference activities and how the conference impacted their interest in transportation upon completion of the conference.