The Richard P. Braun Transportation Scholarship is given to University of Minnesota undergraduate students pursuing degrees related to transportation who have demonstrated academic merit and leadership skills. One scholarship is awarded per year.
The scholarship honors Richard P. Braun’s leadership in transportation within the Minnesota Department of Transportation and for founding CTS.
Recipients each receive a $1,000 scholarship award and a plaque from CTS. Applications are reviewed by a subcommittee comprised of representation from the CTS Scholars, CTS Education and Engagement Council, and CTS staff. The awards are presented at the Center's Annual Meeting and Awards Luncheon.
- Student summary and resume reflection of how coursework, capstone project, internships, volunteer, and/or education activities have contributed to desire and interest in entering the transportation field (40 points).
- Experience in leadership positions and the description of how that experience will help with a future in a transportation-related career (30 points).
- Letter of recommendation confirming the applicant’s good character and explaining why the applicant should receive the award (30 points).
The application deadline for the 2023 award has passed. Details about the 2024 award will be posted as they become available.
- Applicants must be undergraduate students attending the University of Minnesota Twin Cities, with a preference for students in their junior or senior year.
- Applicants must be studying toward a degree in a transportation-related discipline.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate academic merit.
- This award may be renewable to the recipient, provided the recipient demonstrates satisfactory progress toward a degree and continues to meet the criteria of the award.
- Students that receive a Regents Scholarship are not eligible for funds through the CTS Awards process.
- Applicants must be active students during semester of the award.
- The award will be presented at the CTS Annual Meeting and Awards Luncheon. Students and advisors are invited to attend this event.
View a list of recipients of the Richard P. Braun Transportation Scholarship.
Please contact Carissa Frandrup, CTS program coordinator, at email@example.com.