About The Center for Transportation Studies (CTS)
The Center for Transportation Studies solves old transportation problems in innovative new ways. It convenes diverse communities to brainstorm, debate, share, learn, and act. And it partners with local and global transportation professionals, stakeholders, businesses, and leaders to move new ideas from research to reality.
2015 CTS Research Highlights: How does University of Minnesota transportation research make a difference?
Research highlights at CTS for 2014-2015 include: hardier roadside grasses, tribal transportation safety, left-turn safety, maximizing system performance, clear roads in winter, well-rested truckers, increased transit ridership, more efficient buses, safer teen drivers, understanding travel behavior, better asphalt pavements, and healthy lakes and rivers.
CTS by the numbers: FY14
- CTS revenues: $13.8 million
- 20 sources provided funding for transportation research through CTS.
- 15 departments conducted transportation research.
- 130 students participated in transportation projects.
- 50+ stakeholder groups were convened.
- 1000s of people read CTS publications and websites.