Carol Shield's recent research has focused on repair methods for bridges and the use of high-strength and self-consolidating concrete in the bridge industry.
Transportation research at the University of Minnesota covers the spectrum from basic to applied research, drawing on the many transportation-related disciplines within the University. The Center actively supports the formation of multidisciplinary research teams.
Recently published research reports
- After Study of the Bus Rapid Transit A Line Impacts
- Development and Demonstration of a Cost-Effective In-Vehicle Lane Departure and Advanced Curve Speed Warning System
- A Positioning and Mapping Methodology Using Bluetooth and Smartphone Technologies to Support Situation Awareness and Wayfinding for the Visually Impaired
Meet a Researcher
Key research partners
- Minnesota Department of Transportation
- Minnesota Local Road Research Board
- U.S. Department of Transportation