Rajesh Rajamani's research interests include vehicle dynamics and control, intelligent transportation systems, microsensors, and control system design.
Transportation research at the University of Minnesota covers the spectrum from basic to applied research, drawing on the many transportation-related disciplines within the University. The Center actively supports the formation of multidisciplinary research teams.
Research highlights at CTS for 2013-2014 include measuring accessibility, supporting statewide economic vitality, developing a "super hybrid" bus, warning drivers about safety hazards, spurring transit-oriented development, and improving Minnesota's transportation system.
Recently published research reports
- Lighting Levels for Isolated Intersections: Leading to Safety Improvements
- Development and Integration of Advanced Timber Bridge Inspection Techniques for NBIS
- Transportation Planning to Support Economic Development: An Exploratory Study of Competitive Industry Clusters and Transportation in Minnesota
Key research partners
- Minnesota Department of Transportation
- Minnesota Local Road Research Board
- U.S. Department of Transportation