Freight & Logistics Symposium
The Freight and Logistics Symposium is designed to bring together the private sector and government to discuss current issues in the freight and logistics industry and to hear about public and private initiatives to strengthen our freight transportation system. Topics for each symposium are based on critical and emerging issues facing the freight and logistics industry.
The Freight and Logistics Symposium is intended for decision makers and practitioners from shippers, carriers, and other private sector organizations involved in logistics and transportation, as well as for government officials and staff, and representatives from nonprofit organizations and academic institutions.
This event is sponsored by CTS, in cooperation with the Minnesota Department of Transportation, Minnesota Freight Advisory Committee, Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals Twin Cities Roundtable, Metropolitan Council, and the Transportation Club. It is facilitated by Continuing Professional Education, University of Minnesota.
- 2016: Supply-Chain and Freight Challenges and Opportunities in a Changing Public and Private Environment
- 2015: Thinking Globally, Acting Locally—Leveraging Minnesota’s Strengths to Confront Future Freight and Logistics Challenges
- 2014: Minnesota Statewide Freight Summit/Symposium
- 2013: The Gravity of Logistics: Building an Economy Conducive to Growing Business
- 2012: The New American Energy Revolution
- 2011: The Future is Front and Center: The Impacts of Economic Change on Freight Transportation
- 2010: Sustainability: Does it Make Cents?
- 2009: Views of the System After Economic Recovery
- 2008: Energy Uncertainties: Supply Chain Impacts in the Upper Midwest
- 2007: Freight Planning in an Uncertain World
- 2006: Greening the Supply Chain: Environmental Innovations in Freight Transportation
- 2005: Freight Mobility: Economic Impacts On The Upper Midwest
- 2004: The Forces of Change Impacting Freight Transportation and Logistics
- 2003: Implications of Community-Integrated Logistics