About the Society
The World Society for Transport and Land Use Research is the group that will be charged with organizing a second symposium in 2014 and fulfilling other aims of the Society.
If you are interested in participating in this exciting international endeavor, we encourage you to become a member of the society. The fee is $75 for a three-year membership. If you attended the inaugural World Symposium on Transport and Land Use Research in Whistler, British Columbia, Canada, your symposium registration fee includes membership to the Society.
Join the World Society for Transport and Land Use Research via PayPal
Contact Contact Kelly J. Clifton (Portland State University) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The purpose of WSTLUR is to promote the understanding and analysis of the interdisciplinary interactions of transport and land use and to provide a forum for debate and a mechanism for the dissemination of information. More specifically the aims include:
- The exchange and dissemination of information at an international level on all aspects of the theory, analysis, modeling, and evaluation of transport-land use interactions and related policy.
- The encouragement of high-quality research and application in the above areas, through debates, publication, and promotion.
- The provision of a clearinghouse for information on recent developments in the field and to foster contacts among professionals within and between various countries and different disciplines.
- The promotion of international conferences, seminars, and workshops on all aspects of transport-land use interaction.
- The representation of the viewpoints of members to appropriate national and international bodies, as required by the membership.
- The preparation of regular communications to facilitate the above aims.
The WSTLUR bylaws have been created to guide the Society and govern its members and activities.
- Chair - Kelly J. Clifton, Associate Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Portland State University (2012-2015)
- Vice-Chair - Corinne Mulley, Chair in Public Transport, Institute of Transport and Logistics Studies, University of Sydney (2012-2018)
- Secretary - Lei Zhang, Assistant Professor, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Maryland-College Park (2012-2015)
- Treasurer - Jason (Xinyu) Cao, Assistant Professor, University of Minnesota (2012-2015)
- Susan Handy, Professor and Chair of Environmental Science and Policy, University of California, Davis (2012-2018)
- Carey Curtis, Professor, Curtin University, Perth, Australia (2012-2018)
- Ahmed M. El-Geneidy, Assistant Professor, McGill School of Urban Planning (2012-2015)
- Zhan Guo, Assistant Professor, Wagner School of Public Service and Research Director, Rudin Center for Transportation Policy and Management, New York University (2012-2015)
- Kara Kockelman, Professor & William J. Murray Jr. Fellow, Department of Civil, Architectural & Environmental Engineering, University of Texas at Austin (2012-2018)
- Petter Næss, Professor of Urban Planning, Aalborg University, Denmark (2012-2018)
- Paul Waddell, Professor and Chair, Department of City and Regional Planning, University of California, Berkeley (2012-2018)
- Ex-officio: Kevin J. Krizek, Professor, University of Colorado (elections chair)
- Ex-officio: David Levinson, Braun/CTS Chair in Transportation, University of Minnesota (editor of the Journal of Transport and Land Use)