About the Event
Evolving technology, climate, community engagement, and policies are changing how we do our work. From forecasting to planning, design, and construction to project completion, every aspect of our work is affected by changes all around us. This conference will get you up to speed on the most recent tools available and on MnDOT and federal environmental policy changes influencing the work we do.
Breakout Session Topics
- Protected species overview and updates
- Emergency repairs and environmental assessment
- Drones for transportation and the environment
- New Programmatic Categorical Exclusion (PCE) agreement: What you need to know
- Public engagement tools
- Modeling equitable engagement
- Environmental ethics and the built environment
- Rapid fire roundtable: Visual quality, sustainability, noise, EQB, and more
- Interagency digitization and cooperation
For complete program and speaker information, please download the draft conference program (PDF).
- Register online
- Register by mail or fax: Download the registration form (PDF)
- Cost (includes lunch): $50 for public agency attendees; $90 for consultants and other attendees
- PLEASE NOTE: MnDOT employees must register for this conference with their emplolyee development specialist personnel.
Who Should Attend
Planning, design, construction, operations, maintenance, and project management staff from the Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT), local governments, tribal governments, state and federal agencies, and consulting firms.
American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) Certification Maintenance credit has been requested for the all of the conference concurrent sessions. Approved sessions will be listed on the AICP website. Conference attendees will also be eligible for Professional Development Hours (PDHs).
In addition, session #7 qualifies for one hour of ethics-related training for the Board of AELSLAGID.
Accommodations are available at the Radisson Hotel Roseville, 2540 North Cleveland Avenue, Roseville. Call the hotel directly at 651-636-4567 or 1-800-395-7046 to make a reservation. Mention that you are attending the Minnesota Environmental Stewardship Conference to receive the special rate of $119 per night. To guarantee this rate, please make your reservation by April 3.
The hotel has limited free shuttle service toand from the Continuing Education and Conference Center. Please notify the desk when you check in if you will need shuttle service.
This event is sponsored by the MnDOT Office of Environmental Stewardship and facilitated by the Center for Transportation Studies at the University of Minnesota.