Due to limited space, admission to the National Summer Transportation Institute (NSTI) is competitive, and priority will be given to students who have not previously attended. The competitiveness of admission will be based on the number of applications received and the qualifications of the applicants.
Enrolling an academically qualified, diverse student body is essential to the NSTI, so applicants from underrepresented communities are especially encouraged to apply. In addition to academics, individual circumstances listed below are also considered as part of the overall assessment of each application.
- Outstanding talent, achievement, or aptitude in a particular area
- Contribution to the diversity of the student body, including (but not limited to) culture, gender, age, economic background, race, or geographic location
- First-generation college student (student would be the first in the family to attend college)
- Evidence of having overcome social, economic, or physical barriers to academic achievement
- Extenuating circumstances
Applicants will be informed of admission decisions for the 2018 camp by April 20.