If you have job opportunities related to the field of transportation, please e-mail your ad to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Engineering Technician, Assistant
Hennepin County Transportation Construction Division
Salary: $39,166.40 - $51,199.20/annually
Begin your career at Hennepin County! These entry level positions offer opportunities for substantial professional and technical growth through the Engineering Technician promotional process.
We have multiple full time benefit earning positions available to work on the construction inspection crew that includes rotations with a survey crew and / or materials testing lab.
These positions are located at the Public Works Facility, in Medina, MN. There is no public transportation to this location. The work schedule will be Monday – Friday, 7:00 am to 3:30 pm including occasional nights, weekends, and holidays with overtime.
Best Qualified Candidates will have:
- One of the following:
- Completion of an approved land surveying or highway/civil engineering technology training program.
- One or more years of experience in technical non-professional highway, land survey, or related engineering work.
- One or more years of experience analyzing numerical data using computer software applications, or developing and maintaining computerized information systems / applications.
- Thirty (30) or more college semester credits in mathematics, geography, computer science, or engineering-related technical course work.
- A valid driver's license and the ability to obtain a Hennepin County driver's permit.
- Knowledge of:
- Math functions such as arithmetic, algebra, geometry.
- Construction equipment, materials, and methods.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with lab testing equipment.
- Operating survey equipment
- Operating inspection and materials testing equipment
- Using AutoCAD and Microstation
- Ability to:
- Communicate with staff at all levels of the organization
- Life items up to 60 pounds; climb up and down slopes; work outdoors in all weather conditions
Why join us? Hennepin County is well known for their generous health, dental, vision and wellness package; pension plan, retirement and savings plans, paid parental leave, and much more. We value lifelong learning and offer onsite training, tuition reimbursement, and leadership development.
To view the complete posting and online application, visit the Hennepin County Jobs website. The posting is open until all the positions have been filled.
Minnesota Department of Transportation
St. Paul, MN
Salary: $28.69 - $42.04/hour, $59,905 - $87,780/year
This position serves to identify MnDOT’s research needs; coordinate research development and Transportation Research Synthesis (TRS) programs; coordinate working of MnDOT Transportation Research Innovation Group (TRIG); and evaluate, prioritize and develop research projects and programs. This position also includes providing contract administration of individual research projects and implementation support, providing technical assistance to support MnDOT’s research program, the Local Road Research Board (LRRB) and its Research Implementation Committee (RIC) in identifying and developing research and implementation projects. Position responsibilities include managing the MnDOT’s research program and projects development function in the Research Management Unit; providing engineering knowledge, expertise and support to internal and external customers in the development of project need statements, project scope and work plans, and contracts; providing project oversight and coordination; identifying and documenting implementation and technology transfer opportunities and potential benefits during the course of projects; quantifying benefits of completed research projects; providing engineering assistance in developing strategic direction; and providing technical and administrative assistance within Research Services to support federal, state and local research programs.
This position requires active engagement and discussions with MnDOT staff, local transport practitioners, including city and county engineers, internal and external customers, university professors and staff, consultants, and industry representatives.
Both in-state and out of state travel required, including overnight stays. Site visits are also required which may include the need to transport equipment, meeting materials, move throughout rough and uneven terrain and other site hazards.
- Licensure as a professional engineer with the Minnesota Board of Architecture, Engineering, Land Surveying, Landscape Architecture, Geoscience and Interior Design (AELSLAGID) or ability to obtain licensure through reciprocity.
- Experience in coordinating and managing projects and contracts
- Knowledge of engineering principles and practices sufficient to review technical materials, identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Experience conducting meetings, preparing summaries, and communicating technical information to others.
- Human relation skills sufficient to establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, peers, governing boards and other partners.
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- A valid Minnesota class D driver's license or equivalent.
To apply for this position, submit your application through the Minnesota Careers site (Job ID 12682).
Graduate Engineer – Transportation Construction
Minnesota Department of Transportation
Hennepin County, MN
Salary: $48,484 - $78,856/year
Open until: 5:00 p.m., April 21, 2017
Hennepin County's Transportation Project Delivery Department is seeking a Graduate Engineer to provide assistance in contract administration for roadway projects and to manage consultant contracts. This position reports to a Senior Professional Engineer and offers opportunities for substantial professional and technical growth through the Graduate Engineer/ Professional Engineer promotional process. Applicants must complete their field-related degree by May 31, 2017.
The Transportation Project Delivery Department administers all functions associated with the county highway system. This department develops and maintains a safe, efficient, balanced, and environmentally sound highway system throughout Hennepin County.
- Assist in the review of preliminary layouts and detail roadway plans for capital projects.
- Assist in the review of engineering analysis, drainage calculations, structural analysis, special provisions, environmental documents, pavement design calculations, and cost estimates for roadway projects.
- Assist the project engineer on selected in-house and consultant administered and inspected projects.
- Provide guidance and direction to consultants hired by the county and act as liaison between the county and municipalities; provide engineering guidance to technical staff and consultants.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in civil engineering or related engineering field
- Certification as an Engineer in Training with a State Board of Registration or the ability to acquire registration within six (6) months of hire.
- A valid driver’s license
- Experience with:
- Construction inspection, observation, and/or survey
- Transportation design function; preparing/reviewing environmental documents
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other government staff, public officials and the general public
To apply for this position, submit your application through the Hennepin County Jobs site by 5:00 p.m., April 21, 2017.