Environment and Energy in Transportation Research Council
This council examines topics such as air and water quality, stormwater management, erosion control, roadside vegetation, climate change, alternative fuels, greenhouse gas emissions, and more.
Activities of the Council include:
- Provide advice during research project activities.
- Identify and advance emerging research needs and opportunities.
- Participate in seminars and other mechanisms to disseminate research results.
- Assist in planning the annual CTS Research Conference.
The Council meets a minimum of three times per year; fall and winter meetings are generally held in conjunction with research seminars.
Council members are appointed by the CTS director on behalf of the CTS Executive Committee, following nomination by the council chair. Approximately one-third of council members are University faculty or staff. Non-University members include a balance of business, government, and other interests.
A membership rotation occurs every three years. Though members may serve more than one consecutive three-year term, an effort is made to rotate approximately one-third of council membership during a rotation year. In addition to members, “friends” of councils also participate in council activities. New members will often be drawn from friends who are active within councils.
How do I become involved?
If you are interested in becoming a friend of one or more of the councils, please contact Kaydee Kirk, CTS program coordinator, at 612-626-5854 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or return the Council interest form (PDF).
- Chair: Tim Sexton — MnDOT
- Vice-Chair: Douglas Snyder — Mississippi Watershed Management Organization
- Philip Barnes — WSB & Associates Inc.
- Lynn Clarkowski — MnDOT
- David Fairbairn — Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- Mark Filipi — Metropolitan Council
- Andy Golfis — System G Inc.
- Todd Graham — Metropolitan Council
- John Gulliver — University of Minnesota
- David Kittelson — University of Minnesota
- Alfred Marcus — University of Minnesota
- Jeff Marr — University of Minnesota
- Philip Schaffner — MnDOT
- Eric Watkins — University of Minnesota
- Bruce Wilson — Biosystems and Bioproducts Engineering, University of Minnesota
- Elizabeth Wilson — Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota