CTS Job Openings
This position will write and edit content for publication in print and electronic media for CTS and its programs. Communication products will reach researchers, practitioners, policymakers, media, and the public.
The position appointment will not exceed an average of 14 hours per week. Actual hours per week and work schedule may fluctuate. A flexible work schedule will be agreed upon by the employee and their supervisor. Candidate may perform some responsibilities from a location outside CTS office space and therefore should have access to his/her own equipment, including a computer and Internet access. Details regarding work schedule and other arrangements will be made upon offer of employment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Editing contributed copy for multiple media, formats, and audiences
- Write original, specialized content for print and electronic media.
- BA/BS degree in communications, English, journalism, marketing or related field plus 2 years professional experience, or 6 years combined equivalent education and experience
- Strong writing and copy editing skills
- Works well in a team-oriented, collaborative setting
- Experience writing for social media (blogs, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook) preferred
- Excellent time-management skills
How to Apply
Apply on the University of Minnesota website. Review of appication materials will begin on September 14, 2018. Please include a resume and cover letter, along with writing samples (link to online content is okay).