CTS Job Openings
Program Coordinator - TAP and Customized Training
This position is a member of the Center’s Program Development and Delivery (PDD) Group, which is responsible for securing external funding by building and maintaining relationships with sponsors and stakeholders and by successfully delivering education, training, outreach and engagement contracts that serve our external stakeholders. This position is responsible for planning and delivering training, stakeholder engagement, and workforce development activities to a variety of transportation stakeholder groups; building and fostering relationships with partnering organizations; serving as a liaison and representative for CTS in activities that enhance program visibility and strengthen relationships with the community; assisting in the development and management of project scope, schedule, budgets, and deliverables; and designing and implementing systems and processes to enhance personal, team, Center, and University performance. This position manages multiple projects at any given time, interacts with a wide variety of stakeholders and funders, and performs a number of functions within the group.
This position requires the ability to travel within the Twin Cities metro area and greater Minnesota.
The successful candidate will work on a portfolio of projects from the functional areas noted below. Responsibilities for each project, regardless of functional area, include:
- Proactively identify and appropriately resolve and/or escalate issues that arise during the delivery of project and program tasks. Solve problems while considering various stakeholders’ and participant needs to offer solutions in a timely manner.
- Serve as project manager for the delivery of program activities, including managing the work of students, staff administrative assistants, and/or other partners.
- Assist the program director with developing and monitoring project scopes, schedules, deliverables, and budgets and with activity monitoring and evaluation.
- Work collaboratively with the CTS Communications and Information Group to identify content and review materials for CTS publications, websites, social media, and other communications products based on project or program scope.
- Technical Assistance and Customized Training Services: Perform project management and coordination for the delivery of the Center’s technical assistance and customized training programs for local agencies. Acquire the appropriate level of knowledge and a broad understanding of the transportation arena for the specific topic to assess training and technical assistance needs and recommend program activities. Manage logistics, develop agendas and other training materials, coordinate and communicate training details with presenters and participants, and provide on-site staffing support. Coordinate efforts of technical experts and University staff to develop and deliver training and other technical assistance products (workshops, webinars, handbooks, and online resources). Manage the Road Scholar initiative, including managing the student database and providing customer service to students in the program.
- Planning and Advisory Committee Activities: Provide program management and coordination for externally funded programs that engage transportation stakeholders and utilize planning, advisory, and/or steering committees. Serve as a liaison and resource for program participants by developing and managing complex stakeholder relationships and by acquiring the appropriate level of technical knowledge. Interact with a wide array of external and internal stakeholders, funders, community organizations, and individuals to facilitate interaction on areas of common interest. Manage development and distribution of meeting materials, including agendas and notes. Coordinate follow up of action items as identified by stakeholder groups. Maintain committee rosters and facilitate committee communication and correspondence.
- Center-wide Programs and Services: Support the design and implementation of center wide initiatives and special projects as needed.
- BA/BS with at least two years of experience or a combination of related education and work experience to equal six years
- Professional experience that is related to the Center's research, education, and outreach activities, such as coordinating events and training activities, providing staff support to stakeholder groups or committees, facilitating meetings, developing and monitoring budgets, and working with multiple teams
- Experience working independently, managing multiple assignments and projects, and producing work with a high degree of quality
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting work priorities, ambiguity, adversity, and change.
The successful candidate should possess the following competencies:
- Achieving and Getting Results: customer-focused; utilizes effective oral and written communication skills; demonstrates ability to deal with unanticipated problems and opportunities; curious, dependable, detail-oriented, and quality conscious
- Building and Maintaining Relationships: able to work with multiple bosses in a complex, high-energy environment; works with the team to achieve the overall goal/product/result; appreciates and respects different points of view; establishes connections and trust with co-workers
- Managing Self: functions effectively within ever-changing environments; effectively manages time, resources, organizational tools and systems, and stress level; demonstrates resilience, persistence, and adaptability
- Leading: proactively takes initiative to identify and appropriately resolve and/or escalate issues or problems; appropriately utilizes, influences, and manages resources to accomplish work; guides, mentors, and manages workload of students
- Big-Picture Thinking and Decision-Making: demonstrates critical thinking and innovation by identifying patterns, problems, and opportunities, seeking input and ideas, assessing alternatives, recognizing potential impact on others, and proposing innovative solutions; thinks ìoutside the boxî, generates creative solutions, and learns from both successes and failures
- Knowing the Business: demonstrates awareness of internal and external customer expectations and roles; learns and applies new concepts quickly and effectively; has a broad sense of the work priorities, ambiguity, adversity, and change; is resilient and calm under pressure
Applications must be submitted online on the U of M job website. On this site, you will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Resume review will begin on April 9, 2018.