CTS Job Openings
This position is a member of the Center’s Program Development and Delivery Group, which is responsible for securing external funding by building and maintaining relationships with sponsors and stakeholders and by successfully delivering education, training, outreach, and engagement contracts that serve our external stakeholders. This position is responsible for planning and delivering training, stakeholder engagement, and student development activities to a variety of transportation stakeholder groups; building and fostering relationships with partnering organizations; serving as a liaison and representative for CTS in activities that enhance program visibility and strengthen relationships with the community; assisting in the development and management of project scope, schedule, budgets, and deliverables; and designing and implementing systems and processes to enhance personal, team, Center, and University performance. This position manages multiple projects at any given time, interacts with a wide variety of stakeholders and funders, and performs a number of functions within the group.
The successful candidate will work on a portfolio of projects from the following functional areas:
- Planning and Advisory Committee Activities. Provide program management and coordination for externally funded programs that engage transportation stakeholders and utilize planning, advisory, and/or steering committees. Serve as a liaison and resource for program participants by developing and managing complex stakeholder relationships and by acquiring the appropriate level of technical knowledge. Interact with a wide array of external and internal stakeholders, funders, community organizations, and individuals to facilitate interaction on areas of common interest. Manage development and distribution of meeting materials, including agendas and notes. Coordinate follow up of action items as identified by stakeholder groups. Maintain committee rosters and facilitate committee communication and correspondence.
- Customized Training Activities. Perform project management and coordination for the delivery of the Center’s externally funded training programs. Acquire the appropriate level of knowledge and a broad understanding of the transportation arena for the specific topic to assess training and technical assistance needs and recommend program activities. Coordinate efforts of technical experts and University staff to develop and deliver training and other technical assistance products (workshops, webinars, handbooks, videos and online resources).
- Outreach Services Activities. Perform project management and coordination for outreach activities such as events, focus groups, workshops, and forums. Utilize a broad understanding of the transportation arena, both internal and external to the University, to help design and develop event content. Build and strengthen relationships with presenters and participants; serve as a program representative and strategic and technical knowledge resource/liaison from the University to the transportation community. Provide event delivery expertise by managing abstract submission and working with external stakeholders to identify topics and speakers; overseeing venue selection and negotiation; coordinating with event sponsors and exhibitors; providing on-site support and resolving issues; and evaluating and reporting on the event.
- Student Engagement. Perform project management and coordination for delivery of the Center’s education activities for K-12 and University students. Plan and deliver CTS activities that encourage students to pursue transportation careers and support student engagement. Identify available resources and determine age-appropriate content and activities. Develop relationships with potential K-12 partners and facilitate discussions on potential collaborative efforts.
- Required: BA/BS with at least two years of experience or a combination of related education and work experience to equal six years
- Preferred: professional experience that is related to the Center’s research, education, and outreach activities, such as managing programs or projects, coordinating events and training activities, providing staff support to stakeholder groups or committees, facilitating meetings, developing and monitoring budgets, and working with multiple teams
Apply online on the University of Minnesota website (job ID 319112). Application review begins August 21, 2017.