About The Center for Transportation Studies (CTS)
The Center for Transportation Studies solves old transportation problems in innovative new ways. It convenes diverse communities to brainstorm, debate, share, learn, and act. And it partners with local and global transportation professionals, stakeholders, businesses, and leaders to move new ideas from research to reality.
2014 CTS Research Highlights: Accessibility, Economic Vitality, Safety, and Transit
Research highlights at CTS for 2013-2014 include measuring accessibility, supporting statewide economic vitality, developing a "super hybrid" bus, warning drivers about safety hazards, spurring transit-oriented development, and improving Minnesota's transportation system.
CTS by the numbers: FY13
- CTS revenues: $12.5 million
- 20 sources provided funding for transportation research through CTS.
- 15 departments conducted transportation research.
- 130 students participated in transportation projects.
- 50+ stakeholder groups were convened.
- 1000s of people read CTS publications and websites.